Saturday, January 19, 2008

Walking Home Alone...in the Dark

I just walked home alone...after 2 am...from a bar...half happy...half drunk...I left a former student there...he calls me Mom now...and said he'd be home later....

I actually met a man tonight...he asked for my number...he's younger...as usual...I'll never understand why the younger guys are always the one's to go for me...and I do mean "go for me"...he actually got up and crossed the room to sit at my table and talk to with me for hours...or shout at me, really...why is the music always soooooo loud?

I was annoyed, at first when my adopted student son called and insisted he was coming over for the evening...but, in the end, I am glad to have spent too much money feeding and entertaining him...I need to get out more...I too often forget that all the "life" one could wish for is within walking distance when one lives "downtown"....

I still wonder about leaveing my "son" to find his way "home"...I won't sleep until he's in and safely snuggled in on the couch...you'd think I'd actually birthed him from the way I foster and fawn...

I am typing like a drunk...too much backspacing and spell-checking....

I am so grateful to have had fun this evening...into night...on till morning...and that is good...and sad....

I need to find a cure for reclusive...

Water...yes...drink some water...

and go to bed....with one ear open...listening for the child to settle in....

No comments: