Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Karaoke Monday

That's my fun day...my I don't have to run day...[giggle]

This was the first of what I hope to will be many karaoke Mondays. Too much fun. Sang one song. Pushed a girl...[yeah I pushed a girl :-P]

The tale of the push....

there was this cute thing that was so busy being cute that she forgot to be considerate. I don't even mean polite...I mean like she forgot to consider what was going on outside of her own machinations toward the "I bagged the guy" hall of flame....no less than five people...including me (who was trying to sing a song I did not fully know the words to, and needed to see the screen) tried to give this poor thing a clue...one of the guys she was cutie-pieing all over even tried to give her a gently nudge in the back toward moving on her way...but she was just mac'n and pose'n...so...as the last verse of the song came up on the screen (my big finale)...I took a step forward and put two fingers under the edge of her shoulder blade and just gave a little shove...she stumbled forward...I finished my song...people who had tired to warn her chuckled...but...a small but at that... as i walked away from the mic, she moved out in front of me and loomed down with an unimpressively mousy: "excuse me, did u puussh me???"...I replied: "Ohyeah i-did"[with a tone of affirmation...rather than forgetfulness]...she asked why? and started to say something about "unnecessary"...I told her she: 'cause she was in front of the words...her: [repeat] "unnecessary:...me: [shrug]...Guy she was mac'n on: gentle pull on her arm and a whisper in her ear...her: looked a little "sheepish" & turned her back...never saw nor heard of them again.

Got back to my seat at the bar and hiv camera guy said: "do you have any idea the kind of power you possess?"

me: "nope...Bartender... another martini please???"...........

No comments: